What’s Included in Our Live-In Care Services
Live-in care is for seniors who need around-the-clock assistance from a caregiver. Assistance is generally non-medical and includes such tasks as medication management, shopping, and assistance with activities of daily living.
About Live-In Care
Any senior who is isolated or feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of taking care of themselves can benefit from Live-In Care. Seniors who are isolated from family members, recovering from an illness, or who have a degenerative cognitive disease associated with dementia can benefit from Live-In Care.
Live-In Care does not mean our caregivers move into your home. Our caregivers maintain their own residences. Instead, care will be provided as round-the-clock-care, administered in shift work, typically in twelve-hour shifts. Every situation is unique however; staffing schedules will be determined during initial assessment and will best fit your needs.
Overnight supervision can be provided, ensuring a family member receiving Live-In Care will be supported during their sleeping hours. Late night medication assistance can take place, in addition to general monitoring for wellness and well-being.
The benefits of supportive live in care are many. Aside from peace of mind, Live-In Care may provide benefits in the following ways:
- Emotional support. Just having someone to talk to can be reassuring and support overall well-being.
- Increased safety for the in-home client. In case of medical emergency or falls, a professional caregiver is available to provide immediate first aid or call emergency services
- Home based physical therapy support. Therapy that the client has been instructed to continue at home. Professional home health care assistants can offer support.
- Meal reminders. Sometimes elderly clients, particularly those with dementia related diseases forget to eat, or are no longer capable of safely preparing meals for themselves. A live-in care assistant will be able to prepare nutritious meals with the correct foods as directed by a physician or dietitian.
- A reduction in stress associated with maintaining medical appointments and other needs. A Memory Lane Home Health Care professional can arrange ambulate transportation for the in-home client.
If you or your family believe Live-In Care is the right choice, please contact Memory Lane Home Health Care today. We would love to discuss how to best meet any gaps in your loved one’s care.